Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


blogger

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
dewy-eyes


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
summershanshine

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Mr. Wahehe

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Nicole

This blog draws you a picture of TEENz life, the bits of life in putting together TEENz's 2nd album & the events surrounding it, depicted from anonymous teenz bloggers' perspective, reflecting in as various ways as possible to resound our voices to your heart; update, entertain, encouraging you to live colourfully for Jesus...

We present you this interesting, deep & shallow, funny, ever-changing, wacky, corny, crappy, sincere, super gila fun blog to you! hehe =P





previous posts
  • The Beginning of the End
  • Abt THE day4
  • So..
  • Tonight..
  • Final prac pics =)
  • the full dress rehearsal...the FINAL one as well.
  • Transport.. Vroom vroom!! [updated]
  • 13 days to the Live concert!! =)
  • the very FIRST choir practice - 25Feb08
  • The songz





  • archive
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007
  • January 2008
  • February 2008
  • March 2008
  • April 2008
  • May 2008
  • June 2008
  • March 2009





  • jukebox





    food for thought





    tagboard



    Get free counter at Cgi2yoU.com



    Once in a blue 'Koon'
    Saturday, April 19, 2008



    Dewy (D):

    "Hey, this guy.. I know him, I think."
    "Oh, denise/nicole's father"

    These might be the thoughts that went through your mind when you see him. He is uncle Koon =) A doctor working in Singapore (commutes daily), father of 4 children, good bass guitar player, a christian actively serving in church and also English Service's committee member. oh ya, he's also the bassist and one of the key person who holds the musicians together for TEENz live recording album.. =)

    Last night I had the opportunity to have this exclusive interview with this man whom I know personally for 10 yrs, talking about many stuffs that you don't know about =P ..about things close to a teenager's heart (i hope so), life, music, church...
    so here's the DAAAAARK side of uncle Koon... lol.. no la, just a side of him which you never seen. =)


    D: Ok, let's start, wat is your fav food?

    Koon (K): Kajang Satay... any satay will do.

    D: What are your hobbies when you were single?

    K: When I was single ar, I studied.. ;)

    D: huh? I mean hobbies, things that you like to do

    K: Ya, I like to study (laughs). When I was in kindergarten, I will cry when my bus doesn't come, and I used to be a perfectionist, when the bus is supposed to come at 7am, 7.05am is considered late. During primary school times, cos those days the school bags are a bit "soft", I will put a piece of thin, hard wood in the bag to "straighten" my books. :)

    D: woa, haha, interesting! sure or not, like to study.. (can't believe it)Why do you like studying?

    K: hmm.. Challenging, especially to remember the whole book as how the WHOLE book is supposed to be. When I was in sec sch, I had my first geography test.. 64%. I was so disappointed, it was devastating.

    D: you still remember the exam marks ar, lol



    K: Then I went back and study like mad, and in the next test, I got 98% (!!)... my essay section, full marks.. The teacher said I wrote too many points, she mark only halfway, then will stop, and give full marks.

    D: "terror".. nice! any of your children inherited your hobby? =)

    K: None inherited (haha), but I shouldn't be disappointed, God made everybody special.

    D: Do you read this blog?

    K: When I can find it, lol. I usually find this link and by clicking it from other people's blog.

    D: eh, a bit like me, but now I've already added this link to my favs, easier la..
    Oh ya, uncle Koon, when did you start learning the bass guitar?

    K: I started learning at 16 years old, there was this band called KKRM, and the band member's brother, Wilson Loh, taught me bass. Not only that, he taught me how to learn. I watched videos, concerts in TV to improve too.. He will teach me how to imitate the bass player.

    D: oh.. So, change topic (woo hoo!! me fickle mind, topic change here n there).. What are the teenager's trend in your days?

    K: Most christian teens grew up in a christian environment, for me, I come from a non-christian family, I will have to prove to my parents that being a christian makes a difference, and the only way is thru my studies.



    anyway, I got life wan, besides studying, I play football. Those days teenagers will spend their free time at the 'padang' (field), outdoor games.. Normally every housing area will have a padang.

    D: (he thinks I view him as a study-hard-no-lifer?).. ohhh....
    What is the biggest difference between the past (ur teens life) and the current life that teenagers live?

    K: hmm.. Those days we were not rich, to buy shoes, I have to save money.. Now, just ask from your parents and you will have shoes. And those days we have to 'fight for our rights', now teenagers are more... blah blah (D: oh no, i can't remember)

    D: so, the word for teens now is "complacency"?

    K: something like that, not really..
    By the way, don't think I only study-study, when I play anything (sports), I represent the school.

    D: woah! (he really thought i view him as a study-hard-no-lifer, lol, anyway, he is not bragging, but telling me stories of his past like an old friend)

    K: I represent the state in hockey when I was 12 yrs-old, and I got into the best secondary school, Victoria Institution, but I didn't study there.

    D: nice! =) why didn't study there?

    K: Cos it's too far, it's like from downtown JB to Kulai.
    I also do arts, I won in the school's art competition, and I will send my art pieces to overseas competition.

    D: that's so unheard of, nice.. which countries?

    K: Japan.. India.



    D: hmm... good... ok, change topic. In your opinion, what is lacking among the teens now?

    K: One thing, don't love God enough, go all out for God, 110%, because if they do, everything will change; attitude..principles..
    In the past, when I study, I study for God; when I play the bass guitar, I play for God. And all these years I only play the bass in church, I don't play in pubs.

    There was once I nearly went to study at the Royal Military College.

    D: mili.. military college? Is it good?

    K: Ya, there's scholarship, your future is guaranteed there. At that time, I was a young christian, form 3, I went for the interview (and test), but felt that God said "no". The school is good but almost all are muslims and it's a boarding school (stay there all the time), I don't think I will grow into a strong christian there.

    So, I purposely fail the interview. Until now my parents still didn't know about it, heh heh...




    A quick laugh, as I sipped the chilled milo ais and grab a few bites of maggi mee goreng.. =)

    (To be continued, conversations about love and friendship, and about leaders...)

    6:30 PM 1 comments
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us